- The first step is to check if your Modem or Router is online.
- There are a series of lights on the front of your Modem which will help us to find the problem. Depending on which service you have from Magnet you will have a light labeled “DSL” or “Link” depending on which modem/router you have.
Which modem do I have? Check below
No Lights Visible
- If there are no light visible on the front of the box, please check that the power cable is connected to the back of the Modem and that the power socket is ON.
- Please check the socket is working – Try a lamp or other device.
- If the Power cables are connected, the power socket is working and the Modem has no lights then it is likely that your modem needs to be replaced. Please call 1890 809 000 to allow us to investigate the issue.
“DSL” or “Link” Light Flashing
- Power off and power on the box.
- If after 60 seconds from power-on, the “Link” or “DSL” light has stopped flashing then your Broadband should now be working.
- If after 60 seconds from power-on, the “Link” or “DSL” light is still flashing then please check that the small cable that runs from the modem to the phone socket is securely connected.
- If on reconnecting the phone cable, the “Link” or “DSL” light has stopped flashing then your Broadband should now be working.
- If on reconnecting the phone cable, the “Link” or “DSL” light is still flashing, there may be an issue with the line in or to your house, or your modem. Our staff can help determine what exactly is causing the issue. Please call 1890 809 000 to allow us to investigate further.
“DSL” or “Link” Solid
- If the “Link” or “DSL” light is solid (not flashing) please check your internet connection on your computer again by closing and restarting your internet browser.
- If your internet browser connects to the internet then the issue has been resolved for now.
- Devices do need to be powered off from time to time, however if you have the same problem within a few days and re-powering the Modem/Router again solves the problem, please call us as there may be a fault with the Modem and we would like to carry out some tests.
- If after restarting your internet browser you still cannot connect to the internet then please check that the Modem is securely connected to your computer with a Cat5 cable. Also please check your Network Settings on your Computer. Please note that Magnet is not able to provide assistance with PC or Computer set-ups. There are how ever some. YouTube is a rich source of free online demonstrations for most Home PC issues, including for example:
How to Find Your Network Settings on a Windows XP Computer