Installation & Repair Technician
Job Title:Installation & Repair Technician
Department: Service Delivery
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Location: IDA Business & Technology Park, Clonshaugh, Dublin 17
Key Purpose of the Role:
To provide onsite support for all Exchange, Business, Residential, FTTH & Corporate Faults and Installations.
In this position you will be responsible for:
Onsite support for all Exchange, Business, Residential, FTTH & Corporate Faults and Installations.
Liaising with our Network Operations departments to ensure on time completion of projects, planned works and scheduled maintenance.
Whilst the role is Dublin based there will be requirements for regional cover for field engineering work.
Essential Skills & Experience (key competencies)
It is essential that you have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Field Engineer in an ISP or other
- DSL Installation and Fault finding Experience Network build or roll-out experience.
- Familiarity with working in Data Centres and Comms Rooms/Exchanges.
- Competency handling Fibre, CAT5 and AC/DC power.
- Basic/Intermediate knowledge of networking technologies and protocols.
- Strong communications and PC skills.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- A Full Clean Driving license.
- Safe Pass and the ability to work unrestricted in Ireland.
Essential Skills & Abilities (key competencies)
- Be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Be willing to work in and around Ireland in various locations.
- Be flexible, as there will be out of hours work.
- Wireless experience an advantage.
- Fibre Splicing Certification an advantage.
- Experience of working at height/on roofs an advantage, although not necessary.
- Current Open Eir Unescorted Exchange Access certification an advantage.
- To carry out all tasks within Company policies and procedures which are updated from time to time.
- To continually represent the Company with honesty, integrity, and good presentation.
Enter a warm friendly work environment, with an innovative work culture. Join and avail of some of our great benefits….
- Death in Service Benefit – 4 x annual salary
- Free Health Insurance (currently with VHI)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% Contributory Pension (after 6 months)
- Educational Sponsorship Programme
- Cycle to Work
- Tax saver
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit for Employees (Monday + Thursday)
- Flexible Working (subject to approval)
- 20 days holidays raising to 25 days holiday (one a year for five years)
- Free Company Events
- Free Broadband
- Expenses and Mileage paid for off-site visits
- €1,500 Referral Schemes
- Active social club
Apply for this Job