Fibre Broadband is…
Fibre broadband is an incredibly fast type of broadband. While the majority of broadband connections in Ireland use mobile networks or telephone lines, fibre broadband uses fibre optic cables to carry data at extremely high speeds. A fibre optic cable is thinner than a human hair!
Benefits of Fibre Broadband:
The speeds offered by Fibre Broadband open up a whole new range of applications and software that can benefit your business.
Fibre Broadband Improves Communication Capabilities:
Video conference platforms require a lot of data but fibre broadband can make business communications between colleagues and clients easier and faster than ever. The speeds provided by Fibre Broadband are unequalled and allow businesses to use bandwidth intensive applications such as video conferencing a lot more effectively. This in turn can reduce the need for international travel, reduce costs whilst providing a sound platform for building and sustaining business partnerships around the world.
Improve Efficiency, Productivity and Reliability with Fibre Broadband:
As we all know, time is money. Faster upload, download and transfer times as well as easier document sharing means companies become more efficient. Company productivity also improves as a large number of users can simultaneously use the internet with little to no effect on the overall performance of the broadband connection. This contrasts very favourably with standard ADSL broadband which happens to be Ireland’s most commonly used business broadband connection type.
Cost-Savings achieved from Fibre Broadband:
As well as reducing travel costs and improving efficiency and productivity for businesses, the speed and reliability of fibre broadband allow a company to swap expensive data storage hardware for the cloud. This means companies can make impressive savings by completely removing the capital costs of buying and maintaining their data hardware.
Why Choose Magnet Fibre Broadband?
- Magnet has its very own Fibre Network Infrastructure meaning you get the fastest speeds, ping* and low latency**.
- One of the fastest broadband speeds around with Download Speeds of up to 100mbps and Upload speeds of up to 20mbps.
- Broadband speeds which allow people working from home or away from the office to access large files, video conference and engage in other business activities as if they were in the office.
- Security is a top priority for any business. Magnet has invested in our very own Irish infrastructure which is managed night and day to ensure the security of your service is always maintained.
- World Class Business Support team and Customer Service Staff.
- Competitive prices tailored to get the most value for your business.
- Static IP addressing to enable VPNs, host FTP and email servers.
* Ping is the reaction time of your internet connection–how fast you get a response after you’ve sent out a request. A fast ping means a more responsive connection, especially in applications where timing is everything (like video games). Ping is measured in milliseconds (ms).
** Latency is the delay from input into a system to desired outcome i.e. wasted time.